If Toto’s Africa is your late-night jam and your favourite movie's The Lion King, then Africa is definitely your dreamland destination.
Whether you wanna get your David Attenborough on in the Serengeti, hit the highs of Mt Kilimanjaro or cruise the Okavango Delta in Botswana, this super massive continent has an adventure to suit every switched-on traveller.
So jump on a Geckos Africa trip and feel the might of Victoria Falls, sun bake by Lake Malawi, hang out with Maasai warriors, eat lunch with the wild gorillas of Uganda and Rwanda, sip on top-notch wine in South Africa and let your worries wash away to the sounds of safari. Hakuna matata, guys, hakuna matata.
Why we love Africa
- Spreading the power: South Africa has three different capitals – Pretoria (administrative) Bloemfontein (judicial) and Cape Town (legislative).
- Elephantasia: There are more than 13,000 elephants in Kruger National Park.
- Can you feel the love tonight: Serengeti National Park was the inspiration for The Lion King.
- Thick hair: The hair that makes up a giraffe’s tail is about ten times thicker than the average strand of human hair.
- Popularity has a winner: Lions are the national animal of Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, England, Ethiopia, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Singapore.
Our destinations in Africa
Essential Morocco, July 2016
Incredible country and culture. The tour gives you an excellent overview of all the destinations, but plan a little extra time to explore further or unwind at the end of the tour- you will need to see more!
Review submitted 29 Jul 2016
Stone Town to Vic Falls, June 2016
This isn't a trip like any other I've ever travelled or experienced. It is a life changing experience that gets you close to wildlife, history, politics and adventure. It was an amazing experience with fantastic group of people and the best professionals in the intrepid team I've ever travelled with. If you want to go to Africa, see and experience the real Africa, this is the adventure for you. You won't regret it! 10/10
Review submitted 27 Jul 2016