Spice is Nice
Arab, sultans, trade links with China, Portugal and India and a muslim call to prayer that bellows across Stone Town five times a day - we guess you could say Zanzibar is pretty diverse.
(Was Zanzibar Revealed)
Day 1-2 - Stone Town
Satisfy your seafood cravings at the Forodhani Night Market on the waterfront. Construct the skewer of your dreams from fresh octopus, squid, fish, crab, mussel and lobster then watch it get barbequed to perfection while you wait.
- Spend two nights in Stone Town, at a central location
- Allow yourself time to wander through the many cobbled laneways, take in the architecture and appreciate the famous Zanzibar doors
- Set off on an optional Spice Tour, that starts with a brief tour of the historical sights in Stone Town, before visiting the Slave Museum, the ruins of the Sultan’s Palace and then travelling to the famous spice plantations
- Perhaps set about getting out to Prison Island, where you can swim and snorkel and observe the giant tortoises
- Shopping and eating opportunities abound, as do colourful food and craft markets to visit
Day 3-5 - Paje Beach
Your beach bungalow comes complete with its own bar, and there's always an interesting mix of locals and other visitors to chat to. That is, when you're not swimming diving, kite surfing, relaxing or reading on the beach.
- Spend the next three days on the idyllic east coast, where soft white sandy beaches stretch as far as the eye can see
- Swim in the warm and inviting water of the pristine east coast, which is far less frequented than the northern beaches
- Wander on the white sand, catch the sunset through rows of palm trees and soak up the peace and tranquillity of the area
- Stay in beach bungalows opposite a sparkling stretch of Indian Ocean
- Perhaps indulge in massages, bargain with the beach traders, laze in your hammock, relax by the bar and spoil yourself with the abundance of fresh seafood, Italian wood fired pizzas and Swahili dishes
Day 6 - Paje Beach - Stone Town
By now you should be able to find your way around the maze-like streets without getting too lost. Live out your Willy Wonka fantasy on a spice tour where you'll get to lick a cinnamon tree.
- Bid farewell to the beaches and return to Stone Town, where the trip ends on arrival
What to Know
Local escorts in Zanzibar; road transfers from Zanzibar Airport to Stone Town on Day 1, Stone Town to Paje Beach on Day 3 and from Paje Beach to Stone Town/Airport on Day 6; 5 nights budget hotel and meals as indicated below:
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price From Daily Request US $580 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.
Please note this trip or extension departs daily and can be booked for any day of the year.Book now