If Toto’s Africa is your late-night jam and your favourite movie's The Lion King, then Africa is definitely your dreamland destination.
Whether you wanna get your David Attenborough on in the Serengeti, hit the highs of Mt Kilimanjaro or cruise the Okavango Delta in Botswana, this super massive continent has an adventure to suit every switched-on traveller.
So jump on a Geckos Africa trip and feel the might of Victoria Falls, sun bake by Lake Malawi, hang out with Maasai warriors, eat lunch with the wild gorillas of Uganda and Rwanda, sip on top-notch wine in South Africa and let your worries wash away to the sounds of safari. Hakuna matata, guys, hakuna matata.
Why we love Africa
- Spreading the power: South Africa has three different capitals – Pretoria (administrative) Bloemfontein (judicial) and Cape Town (legislative).
- Elephantasia: There are more than 13,000 elephants in Kruger National Park.
- Can you feel the love tonight: Serengeti National Park was the inspiration for The Lion King.
- Thick hair: The hair that makes up a giraffe’s tail is about ten times thicker than the average strand of human hair.
- Popularity has a winner: Lions are the national animal of Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, England, Ethiopia, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Singapore.
Our destinations in Africa
Animals Like You, October 2015
While the obvious highlight for this trip has to be the Gorilla trekking there are other experiences that you should be prepared for. The tour team for your truck will offer you a camping and travel experience beyond the African bush and the wildlife - something you will remember for some time. While Kenya gets all the exposure get ready to blown away by the "greenness" of Uganda and the friendly village life in Rwanda.
Review submitted 28 Nov 2015
10,000 Minutes in Morocco, October 2015
Review submitted 25 Oct 2015