8 Moons of China
3 wise Chinese proverbs (and one that made us laugh):
- He who strikes the first blow admits he's lost the argument.
- War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.
- Cheap things are not good, good things are not cheap.
- Man who streaks is unsuited for his work.
(Was Fast & Furious China)
Day 1-3 - Beijing - Great Wall
Go nuts and order your Peking Duck three ways. First the skin is carved and served in Chinese pancakes, next the carcass is chopped and cooked as a soup and then you finish up with a plate of perfectly cooked meat. Don't forget to grab your doggy bag (ducky bag?) of leftovers.
- Arrive anytime today and get acquainted with Beijing
- A welcome meeting is held this evening at the hotel (approx. 6 pm)
Days 2 & 3
- Spend the morning exploring The Forbidden City, after entering through an archway beyond Tiananmen Gate
- Set off on a walk along the Great Wall and visit one of its best-preserved parts - the Mutianyu section
- Take in the surrounding amazing views from the Great Wall
- Enjoy free time to explore the many other sights of Beijing, such as the Summer Palace and the Temple of Heaven
Day 4-5 - Xian
Stu says, "On the way to the Terracotta Warriors there's a giant Sphinx. But it's actually a gift shop for Terracotta Warriors. That helps sum up China's kookiness. It's great."
- Board a high-speed train train to Xian, the capital of Shaanxi province
- Enjoy time to relax and to wander around this historical city
- Perhaps visit the Muslim Quarter, with its Great Mosque and vast array of market stalls
- Head out and explore the army of Terracotta Warriors
- Board the overnight six-berth hard-sleeper class train to Shanghai
Day 6-8 - Shanghai
We've spent heaps of time training our local leaders to think outside the box and embrace the fun side of travel. On your last night, why not let them choose the restaurant. And if you're really brave, ask them to order you the craziest dish on the menu.
Days 6 & 7
- Arrive in Shanghai, China's largest city, once known as the 'Paris of the East'
- Take a stroll along the famous river waterfront known as The Bund
- Optional visit (at extra cost) to Yu Yuan Gardens, an example of a classical Ming Dynasty garden set amidst a lively bazaar
- Spend time in any of the fascinating museums or the many shopping arcades
- Get to know some of Shanghai's of bars, restaurants and nightclubs for you to experience
- The trip ends this morning in Shanghai. You can depart at any time
What to Know
• Gecko’s expert English-speaking Chinese tour guide throughout the tour, and local site guides at some sites.
• Sightseeing (including entrance fees where applicable): Beijing, Terracotta Warriors and Shanghai.
• Walk on a remote section of the Great Wall at Mutianyu.
• Free time to explore Beijing, Xian and Shanghai.
• High-speed train from Beijing to Xian.
• Overnight trains from Xian to Shanghai. Accommodation in six-berth, air-conditioned cabins.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers, departure and airport taxes, visas, all other meals, all optional tours or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 25 Dec 2013 - 02 Jan 2014 This trip has variations 7+ Request US $1,305 On Sale Sale: US $1,195 Book Now 09 Apr 2014 - 16 Apr 2014 7+ Available US $895 On Sale Sale: US $770 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 23 Apr 2014 - 30 Apr 2014 7+ Available US $895 On Sale Sale: US $770 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 14 May 2014 - 21 May 2014 7+ Available US $945 On Sale Sale: US $813 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 28 May 2014 - 04 Jun 2014 7+ Available US $945 On Sale Sale: US $813 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 25 Jun 2014 - 02 Jul 2014 7+ Available US $945 On Sale Sale: US $813 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 16 Jul 2014 - 23 Jul 2014 7+ Available US $975 On Sale Sale: US $839 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 30 Jul 2014 - 06 Aug 2014 7+ Available US $975 On Sale Sale: US $839 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 06 Aug 2014 - 13 Aug 2014 7+ Available US $1,000 On Sale Sale: US $860 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 20 Aug 2014 - 27 Aug 2014 7+ Available US $1,000 On Sale Sale: US $860 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 03 Sep 2014 - 10 Sep 2014 7+ Available US $945 On Sale Sale: US $813 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 24 Sep 2014 - 01 Oct 2014 7+ Available US $945 On Sale Sale: US $813 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 27 May 2015 - 03 Jun 2015 7+ Available US $945 Book Now 29 Jul 2015 - 05 Aug 2015 7+ Available US $945 Book Now 19 Aug 2015 - 26 Aug 2015 7+ Available US $945 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.