Geckos Photo Competition: Terms & Conditions
Geckos Adventures Pty Ltd
Conditions of Entry and Eligibility
1. Geckos Adventures (ABN 54 006 831 974) of Level 4, 380 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, 3000 (Promoter)
2. Any willing and eligible participant in the competition
1. Conditions of Entry
Participation in Geckos Adventures Photography competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
The Competition is open to all photographers aged 14 and over, except employees of Geckos Adventures (or related bodies corporate), and members of their immediate families and agencies associated with this Competition.
3. Dates of Competition
The competition commences 1 October 2014. All entries must be uploaded to the Promoter’s website at http://www.geckosadventures.com/comps/photo or on facebook.com/geckosadventures before 5pm Australian EST on 31 December 2014.
(a) Entries may not be acknowledged or returned. Participants have the obligation to ensure entries are received on time. Geckos Adventures can choose to keep or remove images from the Gallery on completion of the competition should they wish to do so. Entrants can request removal of their images via the promoter.
The Competition will be judged by a panel of judges from Geckos Adventures. This competition is one of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on originality and creative merit. The judges’ decision in relation to all aspects of this Competition is final and binding on all who enter and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Number of Entries & Type of File
Participants may enter as many images as they like. Images minimum file size requirement applies of 2MB Hi Res JPEG files. All files must be submitted with your name, contact details and the location each image was taken in. If used in our marketing material, your image will be credited to you. Please note that while we endeavour to publish as many photo competition entries as possible in our brochures, we cannot guarantee that all will make the pages.
Please send the highest resolution version of your image as possible.
6. Incomplete, Illegible or Incomprehensible Entries
Any entries, which at the sole discretion of the Promoter are deemed incomplete, illegible or incomprehensible will be invalid and will not be included in the judging.
7. Verification and Disqualification
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and participants (including a participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any participant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. Entry Method
To enter, participants must:
a) Submit an appropriate JPEG, TIF or RAW file and upload to the Promoter’s website at http://www.geckosadventures.com/comps/photoor https://www.facebook.com/geckosadventures
(b) Accept the terms and conditions of this competition
9. Prize Winners and Prizes
(a) The best entries as determined by the judges in the final judging will be deemed the prize winners. The judge’s decision will be final.
(b) Prizes: Categories and Prize Conditions
Winner wins one spot on a Geckos Adventures trip to the value of AUD 800.
1. The prize is for one spot on any Geckos Adventures trip, excluding Antarctica. Land only.
2. This prize can only be redeemed when four passengers are already booked on the desired trip departure.
3. This prize cannot be used on existing bookings or in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
4. It is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash or exchange.
5. Not included in the prize is the airfare, arrival tax, departure tax, any additional meals, any additional accommodation and your spending money, trip kitty (Africa only) or any travel visas required.
6. The trip is subject to availability and confirmation by Geckos Adventures and must be taken on or before 31 July 2015. No extension is available.
7. Please refer to the booking conditions available here at http://www.geckosadventures.com/how-we-can-help/more-information/booking-terms-and-conditions
8. Prize redemption and trip booking must be made directly with Geckos Adventures
Runner up prize
1. Runner up will receive an Urban Adventure trip on their choice.
2. Prize cannot be returned or exchanged and are not redeemable for cash.
3. Tour must be booked between 1 Jan 2015 to 31 Dec 2015 for travel between 1 Jan 2015 to 31 Dec 2015.
10. Contacting Winners
(a) The winner(s) will be contacted by email, using the contact details provided in their entry profile. Details of winner(s) may also be published openly through the Promoter’s email, newsletter and the website
(b) Winners will not unreasonably decline the opportunity for additional publicity or promotion of their work as the winning entries
By entering the Competition, each participant warrants to the Promoter that the entry (including but not limited to the photograph provided) and any other work subsequently submitted is an original artistic work of the participant, has not been wholly or partially copied from any other design or artistic work, and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. The participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition. Talent release forms must be available on request for any photos containing persons.
12. Ownership of Entries
Each winning entry will receive a prize and in return grants Geckos Adventures (and its providers and affiliates) a non-exclusive worldwide licence to use any of their entries in any brochure, media, including publication on the Promoter’s (and its providers and affiliates) website for an unlimited time for the purposes of promoting its products, services or other promotions.
Each Eligible Entrant grants Geckos Adventures the right to request at any time during or reasonably after the Promotion for a non-exclusive worldwide licence to use any of their entries in any brochure, media, including publication on the Promoter’s (and its providers and affiliates) website for an unlimited time for the purposes of promoting its products, services or other promotions. The Promoter will compensate each Eligible Entrant AUD$50 Geckos Adventures travel voucher for each entry so used, in return for this licence.
13. Personal Information
The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by the Privacy Laws of New South Wales and Australia. Your personal information shall not be provided to any third parties without your prior consent but you do authorise the Promoter to be able to contact you with information pertaining to the competition or related promotions.