You know how the guy on your meditation tape tells you to find your ‘happy place’? We bet you a million ringgit and all the coconut rice in the world that it’s somewhere in South East Asia.
South East Asia is like a bag of mixed lollies where there are no liquorice allsorts (win!). Shop up a cheap tropical storm in Singapore, get your chakras realigned in Ubud, sip a cocktail on a beach in Thailand with a crew of people your own age (18-29 year olds, if we’re getting down to the nitty gritty), splash about under a waterfall in Laos or glide past stilt houses on Myanmar’s Inle Lake. So why go there in your mind when you can go there for real? Make your inner child happy and adventure your way through South East Asia on an epic Geckos small group adventure.
Why we love South East Asia
- Find inner and outer peace in the cruisy town of Luang Prabang, where orange-robed monks roam the streets
- Vietnamese food hits all five scientifically approved taste types: Sweet iced coffee, spicy payaya salad, salted pork and egg, bitter melon and hot and sour fish soup
- ‘Orangutan’ is a Malay word meaning ‘person of the forest’. See why when you get up close to these highly intelligent (but endangered) dudes in the jungles of Borneo
- Make like Lara Croft at the incredible ancient temples at Cambodia’s Angkor complex
- Khao Sok National Park is like stepping into another world – an essential experience in Thailand, nature-lover or not
Trips in South East Asia
Our Destinations for South East Asia tours
Vietnam Traveller, July 2017
Excellent trip. Great guides and great activities. The motorbike tour in Huey was a highlight!
Review submitted 15 Aug 2017
Ultimate Cambodia, July 2017
Gecko tours make travelling very easy! All of the guides that I encounted on my trip were very friendly and knowledgable. They activities given were earth shattering and I enjoyed having my eyes opened to the world. Many thanks to the broad variety that geckos tours offers.
Review submitted 14 Aug 2017