Five days in the Fairylands
Day 1 - Antalya - Cappadocia
Your trip starts at 9 am on Day 1 at the Lazer Pension (Lazer Pansiyon) in Antalya, where you will meet your tour leader and the rest of your group before departing for the bus station and travelling to Goreme (Cappadocia) by local bus (approximately 9.5 hrs). Ready yourself for some amazeballs traditional food – you’ll be eating dinner with a local family tonight. How do you say ‘please, can I have some more?’ in Turkish?
- Take a local bus to Cappadocia
- Dinner with local family on arrival
- Stay and explore Cappadocia for the next three nights
Day 2 - Cappadocia
Play for today: hike the Ihlara Valley, throw a rock into the Ihlara Gorge and picnic somewhere beautiful. Then check out a pottery demonstration from a local expert. After today’s energetic efforts you’ll probably feel like a pampering, so think about hitting up one of the traditional hamam baths. Steam, mud, soap, scrub, massage and repeat.
- Drive to the top of the trail at the beginning of the Akvadi (White Valley)
- Walk amongst fruit gardens and vineyards
- Take in Uçhisar and visit the village and high viewpoint known as The Fortress (optional)
- Take a stroll in Pigeon Valley before heading back to Göreme
- Enjoy free time to experience Göreme’s nightlife
- Perhaps attend a traditional Whirling Dervish 'Sema' performance (optional)
Day 3 - Goreme-Ortahisar
Put your boots on and hike up hills and over mountains to Ortahisar. Tonight we will be hosted by Nazim and his family in his traditional cave guest house overlooking the valley.
Breakfast | Dinner
- For early birds, there is the option this morning to experience the best views of the sunrise in Cappadocia – from a hot air balloon!
- Alternatively, after a leisurely breakfast, we drive to the start of Pasabaglari (Priest Valley) and follow a trail to the picturesque village of Çavusin. We walk through Kizilçukur (Red Valley) - the most beautiful valley in Cappadocia.
- Tonight is one of the highlights of our adventure - we experience traditional Turkish hospitality as guests of a family in their local village house.
Day 4 - Cappadocia - overnight bus
Up and at ’em, this morning we’re going underground. There are 36 underground cities in Cappadocia; the widest is Kaymakli, the deepest is Derinkuyu. These rabbit-warren metropolises were lovingly carved into the earth by the Hittites around 3,500 years ago. If that doesn’t get you excited, you’re a robot. Next up, snag a window seat on the overnight bus to Istanbul.
- Spend a free day exploring the Cappadocia region
- Perhaps stop by the Göreme Open Air Museum - always worth a visit (optional). It is a fascinating complex of medieval painted cave churches carved out by rock
- Catch a bus for an hour that takes us to Derinkuyu (optional) – an incredible underground city that descends eight floors (60 metres) below the surface
- Farewell Cappadocia and make the long journey by overnight bus back to Istanbul (approx. driving time: 10-12 hours)
Day 5 - Istanbul
Our trip comes to an end this morning in Istanbul but we recommed you stay on a little longer. So many activities, so little time. You can get cultural at the Blue Mosque, splash some cash at the Grand Bazaar, take a ferry cruise along the Bosphorus, or just eat your weight in last minutepides. You can’t go wrong.
The trip ends on arrival in Istanbul (between 7 am and 8 am), but there are plenty more kebabs to be eaten if you're thinking of sticking around a bit longer. Additional accommodation can be booked if you wish to further explore this great city. Alternatively you may wish to book a departure transfer to connect with an onward flight - please inquire at time of booking
What to Know
Local leader, accommodation and transport.
- International flights, airport transfers, departure taxes, visas, insurance (compulsory on all trips), meals not listed (lunches and dinners), any optional tours or activities during free time, camera fees, excess baggage charges, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 21 Apr 2015 - 25 Apr 2015 Available US $510 Sale: US $459 Promo code: 11387 Book Now 12 May 2015 - 16 May 2015 Available US $530 Sale: US $477 Promo code: 11387 Book Now 19 May 2015 - 23 May 2015 Available US $530 Sale: US $477 Promo code: 11387 Book Now 02 Jun 2015 - 06 Jun 2015 Available US $530 Sale: US $477 Promo code: 11387 Book Now 16 Jun 2015 - 20 Jun 2015 Available US $510 Sale: US $459 Promo code: 11387 Book Now 23 Jun 2015 - 27 Jun 2015 Available US $510 Sale: US $459 Promo code: 11387 Book Now 30 Jun 2015 - 04 Jul 2015 Available US $510 Sale: US $459 Promo code: 11387 Book Now 14 Jul 2015 - 18 Jul 2015 Available US $550 Sale: US $495 Promo code: 11387 Book Now 28 Jul 2015 - 01 Aug 2015 Available US $550 Sale: US $495 Promo code: 11387 Book Now 11 Aug 2015 - 15 Aug 2015 Available US $550 Sale: US $495 Promo code: 11387 Book Now 25 Aug 2015 - 29 Aug 2015 Available US $550 Sale: US $495 Promo code: 11387 Book Now 22 Sep 2015 - 26 Sep 2015 Available US $510 Sale: US $459 Promo code: 11387 Book Now 19 Apr 2016 - 23 Apr 2016 Available US $510 Book Now 26 Apr 2016 - 30 Apr 2016 Available US $510 Book Now 03 May 2016 - 07 May 2016 Available US $530 Book Now 10 May 2016 - 14 May 2016 Available US $530 Book Now 17 May 2016 - 21 May 2016 Available US $530 Book Now 24 May 2016 - 28 May 2016 Available US $510 Book Now 31 May 2016 - 04 Jun 2016 Available US $510 Book Now 07 Jun 2016 - 11 Jun 2016 Available US $510 Book Now 14 Jun 2016 - 18 Jun 2016 Available US $510 Book Now 21 Jun 2016 - 25 Jun 2016 Available US $510 Book Now 28 Jun 2016 - 02 Jul 2016 Available US $550 Book Now 05 Jul 2016 - 09 Jul 2016 Available US $550 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.