Five days in the Fairylands
Day 1 - Antalya - Cappadocia
Your trip starts at 8 am on Day 1 at the Lazer Pension (Lazer Pansiyon) in Antalya, where you will meet your tour leader and the rest of your group before departing for the bus station and travelling to Goreme (Cappadocia) by local bus (approximately 9.5 hrs). Ready yourself for some amazeballs traditional food – you’ll be eating dinner with a local family tonight. How do you say ‘please, can I have some more?’ in Turkish?
- Take a local bus to Cappadocia
- Dinner with local family on arrival
- Stay and explore Cappadocia for the next three nights
Day 2 - Cappadocia
Cappadocia is an extraordinary region of lunar-like landscapes that has bewitched travellers for centuries. Penis-shaped rocks, fairy chimneys and underground cities. Cappadocia’s got it all.
- Up and at ’em, this morning we’re going underground. There are 36 underground cities in Cappadocia; the widest is Kaymakli, the deepest is Derinkuyu. These rabbit-warren metropolises were lovingly carved into the earth by the Hittites around 3,500 years ago. If that doesn’t get you excited, you’re a robot.
- Enjoy free time to experience Göreme’s nightlife
- Perhaps attend a traditional Whirling Dervish 'Sema' performance (optional)
Day 3 - Goreme-Ortahisar
Put your boots on and hike up hills and over mountains to Ortahisar. Tonight we will be hosted by Nazim and his family in his traditional cave guest house overlooking the valley.
Breakfast | Dinner
- For early birds, there is the option this morning to experience the best views of the sunrise in Cappadocia – from a hot air balloon!
- Alternatively, after a leisurely breakfast, we drive to the start of Pasabaglari (Priest Valley) and follow a trail to the picturesque village of Çavusin. We walk through Kizilçukur (Red Valley) - the most beautiful valley in Cappadocia.
- Tonight is one of the highlights of our adventure - we experience traditional Turkish hospitality as guests of a family in their local village house.
Day 4 - Cappadocia - overnight bus
Take a private bus back to Goreme.
- Spend a further free day exploring the Cappadocia region
- Maybe stop by the Göreme Open Air Museum - always worth a visit (optional). It is a fascinating complex of medieval painted cave churches carved out by rock. Or perhaps check out the red river at Avanos.
- Farewell Cappadocia and make the long journey by overnight bus back to Istanbul (approx. driving time: 10-12 hours)
Day 5 - Istanbul
Our trip comes to an end this morning in Istanbul but we recommed you stay on a little longer. So many activities, so little time. You can get cultural at the Blue Mosque, splash some cash at the Grand Bazaar, take a ferry cruise along the Bosphorus, or just eat your weight in last minutepides. You can’t go wrong.
The trip ends on arrival in Istanbul (between 7 am and 8 am), but there are plenty more kebabs to be eaten if you're thinking of sticking around a bit longer. Additional accommodation can be booked if you wish to further explore this great city. Alternatively you may wish to book a departure transfer to connect with an onward flight - please inquire at time of booking
What to Know
Local leader, accommodation and transport.
- International flights, airport transfers, departure taxes, visas, insurance (compulsory on all trips), meals not listed (lunches and dinners), any optional tours or activities during free time, camera fees, excess baggage charges, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 02 Jun 2015 - 06 Jun 2015 Available US $560 Book Now 16 Jun 2015 - 20 Jun 2015 Available US $535 Book Now 23 Jun 2015 - 27 Jun 2015 Available US $525 Book Now 30 Jun 2015 - 04 Jul 2015 Available US $535 Book Now 14 Jul 2015 - 18 Jul 2015 Available US $570 Book Now 28 Jul 2015 - 01 Aug 2015 4 places left US $605 Book Now 25 Aug 2015 - 29 Aug 2015 Available US $560 Book Now 19 Apr 2016 - 23 Apr 2016 Available US $535 Book Now 03 May 2016 - 07 May 2016 Available US $555 Book Now 07 Jun 2016 - 11 Jun 2016 Available US $535 Book Now 14 Jun 2016 - 18 Jun 2016 Available US $535 Book Now 05 Jul 2016 - 09 Jul 2016 Available US $575 Book Now 19 Jul 2016 - 23 Jul 2016 Available US $535 Book Now 16 Aug 2016 - 20 Aug 2016 Available US $535 Book Now 13 Sep 2016 - 17 Sep 2016 Available US $535 Book Now 11 Oct 2016 - 15 Oct 2016 Available US $535 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments