Annapurna & Animals
If it's Bengal tiger you want, then Chitwan's the place to go. There's also one-horned Asian rhinos, leopards, monkeys and sloth bears (often described as 'shaggy, dusty and unkempt' - much like you after 12 days in the mountains).
(Was Annapurna & Chitwan)
Day 1-2 - Kathmandu
Meet up with your crew for a chat about your trip. Get to know each other over a bite to eat in the Thamel area.
Feed your spiritual side at Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world. Then feed your hungry side at Yak Cafe (not very popular with actual yaks).
- If arriving early, perhaps wander down to Kathmandu's Durbar Square
- Pre-departure meeting and optional group dinner in the evening
Hotel Shakti or similar
- Visit one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, Bodhnath Stupa
- Stop by Pashupatinath, the most famous Hindu temple in the land
- Enjoy free time to relax or explore Kathmandu
Day 3-6 - Annapurna Trek
Relax in Pokhara for the night before our trek begins on Day 4. Stay in lodges along the way as we follow the Modi Khola River Valley to Ghandruk and Pothana.
- Morning drive over the rim of the Kathmandu Valley and, weather permitting, views of the Ganesh, Manaslu and Annapurna ranges
- Make the most of a free afternoon to explore Pokhara, or take an optional boat ride on the lake
- Set off on the Annapurna Trek
- Visit villages along the way
- Gain superb views of the Annapurna Mountains
(Walking time: approx 5 hours)
- Continue trekking through awesome scenery
(Walking time: approx 5 hours)
- Descend through a forest of oak and rhododendron to Pothan
- Stop overnight in Dhampus, a spot boasting epic panoramic views
- Enjoy sunset and sunrise from the lodge
(Walking time: approx 4 hours)
Day 7-8 - Whitewater Rafting
Hit the rapids on the Seti River. Raft for around 30 kilometres over the next two days.
- Complete the Annapurna trek and enjoy time relaxing in Pokhara
(Walking time: approx 2 hours)
Tulsi Hotel or similarLunch | Dinner
- Embark on a 30km rafting adventure down the Seti River
- Chow down on lunch on pristine white beaches
- Swim in warm waters
- Enjoy a hearty local meal
Day 9-10 - Chitwan National Park
Go on safari in search of Royal Bengal tigers and the endangered Indian rhinos. In your free time you can go on a jeep, canoe or walking safari.
Riverview lodge or similarBreakfast
- Stay in a jungle lodge
- Ride elephants into the jungle
- Be in with a chance of spotting rhinoceros, deer, sloth bear, a variety of birds and perhaps even tigers (if you're really, really lucky)
- Perhaps set off on canoe, jeep or walking safaris
Day 11-12 - Kathmandu
Catch the bus back to Kathmandu. Plenty of time to relax in a café and wish you didn’t have to go home and back to work.
- Catch a morning bus along the banks of the Trisuli River
- Descend into Nepal's capital and perhaps enjoy a final group dinner
The trip ends today after breakfast, but for those who wish to stay on, there's a lot to see in KathmanduHotel Shakti or similar
What to Know
• Gecko's expert English-speaking local tour guide and guides.
• 4 day trek in the Annapurna region.
• Twin-share lodge accommodation on trek, generally in rooms with sleeping mattresses.
• Porterage on trek.
• Gecko’s Kit Bag.
• Time to unwind in Pokhara.
• 2 day white-water rafting adventure on the Seti River including specialist rafting guides, safety equipment, a cook and a night of camping.
• Sightseeing in Kathmandu including transport and entrance fees.
• Chitwan National Park entrance fee and elephant ride with a wildlife guide.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers, airport/departure taxes, visas, pre or post tour accommodation, all other meals, optional tours sightseeing or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature, laundry and flights unless specified.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 26 May 2013 - 06 Jun 2013 7 Request US $1,225 Book Now 23 Jun 2013 - 04 Jul 2013 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 04 Aug 2013 - 15 Aug 2013 7+ Request US $1,225 On Sale Sale: US $919 Book Now 01 Sep 2013 - 12 Sep 2013 7+ Available US $1,225 On Sale Sale: US $919 Book Now 15 Sep 2013 - 26 Sep 2013 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 29 Sep 2013 - 10 Oct 2013 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 13 Oct 2013 - 24 Oct 2013 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 27 Oct 2013 - 07 Nov 2013 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 10 Nov 2013 - 21 Nov 2013 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 24 Nov 2013 - 05 Dec 2013 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 08 Dec 2013 - 19 Dec 2013 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 22 Dec 2013 - 02 Jan 2014 6 Available US $1,225 Book Now 05 Jan 2014 - 16 Jan 2014 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 19 Jan 2014 - 30 Jan 2014 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 02 Feb 2014 - 13 Feb 2014 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 16 Feb 2014 - 27 Feb 2014 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 02 Mar 2014 - 13 Mar 2014 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 16 Mar 2014 - 27 Mar 2014 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 30 Mar 2014 - 10 Apr 2014 7+ Available US $1,080 Book Now 13 Apr 2014 - 24 Apr 2014 7+ Available US $1,080 Book Now 27 Apr 2014 - 08 May 2014 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 11 May 2014 - 22 May 2014 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 25 May 2014 - 05 Jun 2014 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now 08 Jun 2014 - 19 Jun 2014 7+ Available US $1,225 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.
What to know
A good level of fitness is required. You will trek on hilly terrain, generally on well-defined paths, walking between 4-5 hours per day. Altitude may exceed 3200 metres - check the trip notes for details.