India does exactly what it says on the box. Cows are more important than you. The Taj is the best thing you’ll ever see. And yes, the people really do smile that much.
(Was Jewels of the North)
Day 1-2 - Delhi
Get your haggling hat on. Mind the cows. And keep your hands and feet inside the tuk-tuk at all times. Take off your watch because you're on India time now.
- Pre-departure group meeting in the evening as well as an optional group dinner
Hotel Perfect or similar
- Visit Chandwi Chowk and Connaught Place - the commercial heart of New Delhi
- Get some sightseeing done during free time
- Board an overnight sleeper train bound for Varanasi
Day 3-5 - Varanasi
When we get down to the Ganges, buy a little candle boat from one of the kids. When we're on our sunrise boat ride you can send it floating down the holy river. Say a few words for someone back home (mum, dad, Aunty Kath etc).
Hotel Surya or similar
- Witness the rituals of life and death during a sunrise Ganges boat cruise
- Tale a guided tour through Varanasi's back lanes and crowded alleyways
- Board another sleeper train and journey back towards Agra
Day 6 - Agra - Taj Mahal
We can't even make a joke here. The Taj is simply that good. Do your best Princess Di pose on the benches as crowds of locals scramble to take your photo (yes, this will happen).
Hotel Royal Residency or similar
- Guided tour of the Taj Mahal
- Optional visit to Agra Fort
Day 7 - Tordi Garh
No auto rickshaws, no touts, no hurry, no worry...Tordi's just that kind of place. Scramble onto a camel cart for a village tour and say Namaste to the shy but friendly locals. Did you spot the horse with the blue eyes?
Hotel Tordi Garh or similar
- Drive through beautiful countryside to Tordi Garh, a village that few travellers venture to
- Meet locals, see the old village temple and wander through the markets
- Visit ruined temples and a nearby fortress
- Stay overnight in the palace at Tordi
Day 8-9 - Jaipur
Explore the Amber Fort and the Palace of the Winds. Then why not try and go vego for this part of the trip? Hit up a streetfood vendor for chaat, pakoras, pani puri, samosas and papad.
- Travel by jeep to Jaipur - Rajhastan's colourful capital
Hotel Mrignayani Palace or similar
- Enjoy a guided tour of the medieval Amber Fort
- Take a tour through the Old Bazaar and The Palace of the Winds
- Free time to explore Jaipur on your own
Day 10-11 - Delhi
Take a local bus back to Delhi. We reckon you should put down the camera and spend your last few days trying to take in the overwhelming, crazy, colourful madness of India.
- Journey back to Delhi and perhaps indulge in a final group meal in the evening
Hotel Perfect or similar
- The trip ends today, but Delhi has a lot going on for those who wish to stay longer
What to Know
Experienced regional tour guide and all transportation and accommodation as indicated in detailed Trip Notes. The following sightseeing trips are included: Delhi - an orientation walk around Chandi Chowk and Janpath including transport; Agra - one visit to the Taj Mahal including transport, entrance and local site guide fees; Tordi Garh - village walk and jeep safari; Jaipur - one visit to the Amber Fort including transport, entrance and local site guide fees.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers, airport/departure taxes, local payments, visas, pre or post tour accommodation, meals, optional tours sightseeing or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature, laundry and flights unless specified. Some places that we visit charge additional fees if you are entering with a camera or camcorder - your city guide will advise on these and they can be paid for locally.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 28 May 2013 - 07 Jun 2013 0 Request US $895 Contact Us 11 Jun 2013 - 21 Jun 2013 0 Request US $790 Contact Us 25 Jun 2013 - 05 Jul 2013 0 Request US $790 Contact Us 09 Jul 2013 - 19 Jul 2013 0 Request US $790 Contact Us 23 Jul 2013 - 02 Aug 2013 5 Available US $895 Book Now 06 Aug 2013 - 16 Aug 2013 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 20 Aug 2013 - 30 Aug 2013 7+ Request US $895 On Sale Sale: US $672 Book Now 03 Sep 2013 - 13 Sep 2013 7 Available US $895 Book Now 17 Sep 2013 - 27 Sep 2013 7 Available US $895 Book Now 01 Oct 2013 - 11 Oct 2013 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 15 Oct 2013 - 25 Oct 2013 7 Available US $895 Book Now 29 Oct 2013 - 08 Nov 2013 1 Available US $895 Book Now 12 Nov 2013 - 22 Nov 2013 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 26 Nov 2013 - 06 Dec 2013 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 10 Dec 2013 - 20 Dec 2013 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 24 Dec 2013 - 03 Jan 2014 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 07 Jan 2014 - 17 Jan 2014 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 21 Jan 2014 - 31 Jan 2014 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 04 Feb 2014 - 14 Feb 2014 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 18 Feb 2014 - 28 Feb 2014 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 04 Mar 2014 - 14 Mar 2014 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 18 Mar 2014 - 28 Mar 2014 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 01 Apr 2014 - 11 Apr 2014 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 15 Apr 2014 - 25 Apr 2014 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 29 Apr 2014 - 09 May 2014 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 13 May 2014 - 23 May 2014 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 27 May 2014 - 06 Jun 2014 7+ Available US $895 Book Now 10 Jun 2014 - 20 Jun 2014 7+ Available US $790 Book Now 24 Jun 2014 - 04 Jul 2014 7+ Available US $790 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.