Kota Kinabalu is pretty rad – the perfect starting point for your time in Borneo. Jump in a longboat and head to a homestay in Limbang, go for a lil walk in the jungle, cruise down the Melinau River to Mulu and check out some awesome caves, hang by the river in Kuchung and finish up with a trip through Bako National Park.
Facts about some Borneo tribes:
· The Kayan-Kenyans believe rice has a female spirit, so they wear scary masks to frighten evil spirits off
· Back in 1912, it was written that “The Ibans are the only tribe to which … head-hunting is pursued as a form of sport”
· The Kadazan and Dusun tribes are known as the ‘Latin lovers of Borneo’ thanks to a healthy appetite for music, life and lurrrve
TRIP CHANGES FOR 2016:
This trip will be discontinued from 1st February 2016. For another great adventure in Borneo, see our GTSC Discover Sabah trip.
- Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
- Kuching, Malaysia
- Physical rating
- Traveller’s rating
- (8 reviews)
- Min 18 , Max 39
- Group size
- Min 1, Max 16
- Cititel Hotel or similar (1 night)
Meals IncludedThere are no meals included on this day.
- Purnama Hotel or similar (1 night)
- Telang Usan Hotel or similar (1 night)
Meals7 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
TransportBus, Ferry, Longboat, Plane
AccommodationDormitory (3 nights), Homestay (1 night), Hotel (4 nights)
Our Wild Ones of Borneo trips score an average of 4.75 out of 5 based on 8 reviews in the last year.
Wild Ones of Borneo, June 2015
A great short trip to cover some remote areas of Borneo. The easiest (and a fun) way to meet and interact with the local communities of Borneo.
Review submitted 29 Aug 2015
Wild Ones of Borneo, August 2015
Geckos organised a fun, active trip which gave the opportunity to get away from the city and really experience Borneo's native cultures, fauna and flora.
Review submitted 28 Aug 2015
Dates & availability
Jump to a departure month
1. A single supplement is available on this trip, please contact your sales agent for more information. On the following nights a single room is not available. Day 3 Longhouse, Day 4 Camp 5, Day 5 Dormitory accommodation and Day 6 Dormitory accommodation
2. The maximum luggage allowance on the internal flight flight is 15kg and Geckos won't cover the cost of luggage that exceeds this weight.
3. Please provide passport details at time of booking in order for us to book your internal flight.