Finger Lakin Good
Eating your way around the USA in five easy steps: Philly cheesesteak in Philadelphia. Deep dish pizza in Chicago. Pepperoni roll in West Virginia. Hot chicken in Nashville. Quick-Eze in the airport.
Day 1-2 - New York Area - Washington D.C.
- Morning group meeting at 7:30am
- Drive to Washington DC
- Stop at Philadelphia en route - visit the Liberty Bell, Rocky steps or try a Philly cheesesteak for an early lunch
- Explore D.C.'s parks by day
- At night take an illumination tour of the monuments with your leader
- From the impressive Smithsonian Museum to the White House, to Georgetown's trendy bars, the capital has something for everyone.
Day 3 - Shenandoah National Park
- Follow the crest of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Shenandoah National Park for stunning views across the Valley. The Appalachian Trail puts earth under your boots, great oaks overhead and huge scenery every which way you look. Enjoy this amazing hike!
Day 4 - West Virginia
- The Mountain State should be called the Whitewater State: feed the rafting bug with an optional blast rafting some of the best whitewater in America or try your hand at zip lining through the trees.
Day 5-6 - Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Known to the Cherokee people as the 'Place of Blue Smoke', the valleys offer great walking trails to explore. Keep your eyes peeled, this is the home of the American black bear!
Day 7 - Nashville
- Leaving the Appalachians we head to the centre of American country music in Nashville, Tennessee. Expect a big slice of Southern charm where country and western fills foot-tapping live venues to the brim - then satisfy your urge for thumping bass, rock anthems or whatever gets you on the dance floor.
Day 8 - Indiana
- You will be left wide eyed from the scenery and possibly a little blurry eyed, as you hit the Kentucky Bourbon Trail before crossing into Indiana for the night
Day 9-10 - Chicago
- Travel into Chicago
- The nation's third largest city, home to North America's tallest building, the Willis Tower, boasts incredible nightlife. Hit all the highlights on Bobby's Bike Hike tour of Chicago, including views of the Willis Tower and Navy Pier and work up an appetite for a slice of Chicago's famous deep dish pizza.
- In the evening visit the hip blues joints on soulful Halsted Street.
Day 11 - Ohio
- Cross the midwest to Cedar Point Amusement Park - home of the Millenium Force - the greatest roller coaster in the world!
Day 12 - Niagara Falls
- It's on to one of America's greatest natural attractions, Niagara Falls.
- By day, get as close as you dare on the "Maid of the Mist" boat trip where a serious amount of water crashes only feet from you, and at night see them lit up in all their glory.
Day 13-14 - Finger Lakes - New York Area
- A last stop in the lovely and rural Finger Lakes region of New York State, before returning back to the Garden State where the adventure began.
- This tour is not scheduled to spend any time in New York City so make sure you book extra hotel nights and explore the sights and sounds of the Big Apple on your own before heading home.
- This tour ends at our gateway hotel at approximately 17:00 hrs. If you are planning to fly tonight, please do not book a flight that departs before 21:00 hrs.
What to Know
Tour leader, transport and sightseeing.
- International flights, airport transfers, departure taxes, visas, insurance (compulsory on all trips), meals not listed (lunches and dinners), any optional tours or activities during free time, camera fees, excess baggage charges, tips and items of a personal nature.
Safety InformationUNFENCED CAMP SITES:
On some trips you will at times stay in unfenced camp sites within national parks. While this is a fantastic experience, there are a few safety rules to follow. While staying in national parks it's important that you listen to any advice given by your tour leader and the park rangers regarding responsible and safe behaviour.BEARS:
Whilst travelling throughout North America it's not uncommon to encounter bears within campsites and national parks. Your group leader has been specifically trained for these situations and, if camping, will inform the group on how to 'bear proof' the camp in the evenings or when the site is unattended. There's absolutely no reason to be alarmed by this possibility as it is extremely rare for bears to attack humans.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 03 Aug 2014 - 16 Aug 2014 Fully Booked US $1,869 Contact Us 10 Aug 2014 - 23 Aug 2014 Fully Booked US $1,919 Contact us 14 Aug 2014 - 27 Aug 2014 Fully Booked US $1,919 Contact us 17 Aug 2014 - 30 Aug 2014 Fully Booked US $1,919 Contact us 21 Aug 2014 - 03 Sep 2014 Fully Booked US $1,919 Contact us 24 Aug 2014 - 06 Sep 2014 Fully Booked US $1,919 Contact us 28 Aug 2014 - 10 Sep 2014 2 places left US $1,869 Book Now 31 Aug 2014 - 13 Sep 2014 Fully Booked US $1,819 Contact us 14 Sep 2014 - 27 Sep 2014 4 places left US $1,729 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.