Know When To Roll 'Em
Casino secrets revealed:
- All gamblers get free booze, even if you’re just at the 25-cent slots. For the best freebies hit the Wynn, where you’ll get mojitos and brand name tequila. Don’t expect to win anything after you’ve had your fill though
- Newbies should ease into things by playing craps and betting the PASS THE LINE. Put your money down and someone will roll the dice. If people cheer, you’ve won. If they don’t, you’ve lost. It’s the closest thing to a 50/50 bet going round
- Tip your waitress $1 a drink, and if you win at the tables sling your dealer a couple of bucks
Day 1-2 - Los Angeles - Grand Canyon
If you're considering botox, the City of Angels might help change your mind. Escape the plastic fantastic in the Arizona desert and a night on the Colorado River. Take a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon if you want, or just scope it from the ground. We're not your mum, we can't tell you what to do.
- Morning group meeting
- After a short tour of Hollywood we bid the City of Angels farewell and head through California on day one to the vast Arizona's cactus-prickled desert
- After spending an evening along the Colorado River, explore America's premier national park, and find out why it is called the Grand Canyon
- Keep your feet firmly on the ground or swoop above it all on an optional helicopter flight
Day 3-4 - Las Vegas
"Hello. How 'bout that ride in? I guess that's why they call it Sin City." Grab your wolf pack and cruise The Strip in a limo, take a thrill ride at the top of the 900-foot Stratosphere tower, win back the cost of your trip in the casinos then ride a chopper back down The Strip (optional).
- Head to Las Vegas
- The Strip, the shows, the casinos, the clubs; Sin City's glitziest and brashest spots are sure to impress as you cruise the Las Vegas Boulevard on an included limo ride
- Hop onto one of the world's highest thrill rides at Vegas' Stratosphere and it won't just be your head that's spinning
- Perhaps take a helicopter flight down The Strip or just gamble the night away in one of the world class casinos
Day 5-6 - Yosemite National Park
Nothing gets the hairs standing on end like hearing a real, live coyote howling at night. Hike or bike through Yosemite National Park. Did you know that male deer shed their antlers each year after the mating season finishes? Watch your step.
- Take a scenic drive into the Yosemite National Park region
- Maybe hike or bike through the extraordinary landscape of glacier-carved granite monoliths and spectacular waterfalls
Day 7 - San Francisco
Head back to San Fran through California's gold country. Give your dogs a break and jump on a trolley car to explore San Fran, grab an anatomically correct snack at Hot Cookie and bliss out on Hippie Hill. Trip wraps up about 5pm.
- Head back west through California's gold country before arriving at the home of the beatnik generation, San Francisco
- This tour ends at our gateway hotel at approximately 5pm - if you are planning to fly tonight, please do not book a flight that departs before 9pm
What to Know
Tour leader, transport and sightseeing.
- International flights, airport transfers, departure taxes, visas, insurance (compulsory on all trips), meals not listed (lunches and dinners), any optional tours or activities during free time, camera fees, excess baggage charges, tips and items of a personal nature.
Safety InformationUNFENCED CAMP SITES:
On some trips you will at times stay in unfenced camp sites within national parks. While this is a fantastic experience, there are a few safety rules to follow. While staying in national parks it's important that you listen to any advice given by your tour leader and the park rangers regarding responsible and safe behaviour.BEARS:
Whilst travelling throughout North America it's not uncommon to encounter bears within campsites and national parks. Your group leader has been specifically trained for these situations and, if camping, will inform the group on how to 'bear proof' the camp in the evenings or when the site is unattended. There's absolutely no reason to be alarmed by this possibility as it is extremely rare for bears to attack humans.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 28 Jul 2014 - 03 Aug 2014 Fully Booked US $1,119 Contact Us 11 Aug 2014 - 17 Aug 2014 2 places left US $1,119 Book Now 25 Aug 2014 - 31 Aug 2014 Fully Booked US $1,119 Contact us 08 Sep 2014 - 14 Sep 2014 2 places left US $1,119 Book Now 22 Sep 2014 - 28 Sep 2014 Fully Booked US $1,089 Contact us 06 Oct 2014 - 12 Oct 2014 4 places left US $1,019 Book Now 20 Oct 2014 - 26 Oct 2014 4 places left US $959 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.