9 Million Litres per Second
Wikipedia says, "legend has it that a serpent god planned to marry a beautiful woman named Naipi, but she fled with her mortal lover in a canoe. In a rage, the serpent god sliced the river to create the waterfalls and condem the lovers to an eternal separation". Not exactly a fairytale ending.
(Was Amazing Iguazu)
Day 1 - Puerto Iguazu
You're in the middle of a rainforest, sitting at a cafe on the side of the road, drinking Quilmes beer and not thinking about your job. Doesn't get much better.
- Explore the border town of Puerto Iguazu
- Perhaps swing by some souvenir shops or one of the great local restaurants
Day 2 - Iguazu Falls - Puerto Iguazu
Imagine the sound of 275 different waterfalls throwing themselves down cliffs stretching 2.7km. Yep, it's just like that, only louder.
- Visit the Iguazu Falls National Park
- Have your trip enhanced by an English-speaking local site guide
- View Iguazu Falls - one of the most impressive in the world - from the Argentinean side
- Perhaps take a boat trip up the Devil's Throat
- Explore the area under your own steam and return to Puerto Iguazu when you please
Day 3 - Puerto Iguazu
Spend today getting acquainted with some Argentinean food. Empanadas (pastry filled with stuff like spinach, cheese, mushrooms, ground beef, chicken or seafood), milanesa (sort of a schnitzel), dulce de leche (liquid caramel), ravioli and steak should all be on the list.
- The trip ends today after breakfast, though you can opt to visit the Brazilian side of the falls if you want to see more
What to Know
- Arrival transfer in Puerto Iguazu - 6 hour visit to the Argentinean Falls including the National Park entrance fee and English speaking tour guide - Accommodation, meals and transport as listed below
- International and domestic flights, departure and airport taxes, visas, all other meals, all optional tours or activities during free time, departure transfer on Day 3, a Gecko's tour leader, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price From Daily Request US $365 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.
Please note this trip or extension departs daily and can be booked for any day of the year.Book now
What to know
This program is for independent travellers and is not a group tour. An optional excursion is available to the Brazilian side of the Iguazu Falls. This must be requested at time of booking.