Lands of Silver & Gold
Some say the tango came about when gauchos wore their smelly chaps into nightclubs. If they asked a girl to dance she held her head back to avoid the stench, with her right hand down near his pocket to let him know she expected payment for her... ahem... hospitality.
(Was Buenos Aires to Rio)
Day 1-3 - Buenos Aires
Vegetarians, look away. Everyone else, your first order of business is to find the nearest parrilla (steak house) and order a big, plump, juicy piece of the world's best steak.
- If arriving early, enjoy free time by exploring the city
- Pre-departure meeting in the evening
- Take a walking tour through the centre of town
- Spend free time making discoveries of your own
- Even more free time to explore, before heading to the massive Retiro Bus Station
- Board an overnight bus bound for Iguazu Falls
- Please Note: If your group size is less than six passengers you will not be accompanied on the overnight bus journey. You will be farewelled by your Buenos Aires guide and met by another local site guide on arrival in Puerto Iguazu.
Day 4-5 - Iguazu Falls
Iguazu is made up of 275 individual falls. Don't try and count them, just trust us (or Google it). Break out the cards on your overnight bus to Curitiba. Snorers need not apply.
- Visit the thundering Iguazu Falls
- Take in panoramic views of the falls from the Argentine and Brazilian sides
- Set off on an overnight bus ride to Curitiba
Day 6 - Atlantic Rainforest
The Serra Verde Express has a very oldie-timey feel. As you travel 110km through the Atlantic Rainforest you'll cross 30 bridges and enter 14 tunnels (which means you'll also exit 14 tunnels) on your way to Paranagua.
- Board the Serra Verde Express for an incredible ride through the Atlantic Rainforest
- Trek along the Itupava Colonial Rainforest Trail to Rochedinho Peak and Marumbinistas Waterfall
- Stay overnight in a jungle lodge
- Spend time relaxing, swimming or perhaps embark on further exploration of the rainforest
Day 7-8 - Paranagua - Honey Island
If you hate white sand, gentle waves, palm trees, swimming, riding bikes through the forest, eating freshly caught seafood, no cars anywhere and sunbaking then you'll really hate Honey Island.
- Board a boat in Paranagua to explore some of the island that make up the Superagui National Park
- Keep eyes peeled for local wildlife
- Stop at Pescas Island for a lunch prepared by local villagers
- Take a walking tour around the village with a local site guide and visit Dolphin Bay
- Perhaps relax with a spot of fishing
- Spend two nights on the idyllic Honey Island
- Visit the historical fortress and the Enchanted Grotto
Day 9 - Rio de Janeiro
Instead of whopping great meals, the beautiful people of Rio thrive on snacks. There's a lesson in there somewhere. Hit the streets and try pao de queijo (cheesy bread balls), pipoca (popcorn) and pastel (deep fried pastry filled with cheese, meat or shrimp).
- Make the most of the last morning on Honey Island
- Board an overnight bus bound for Rio de Janeiro
Day 10-12 - Rio de Janeiro
He looks big from the ground, but wait until you've climbed Corcovado Mountain to stand at Christ The Redeemer's feet. He's a beauty. See how many old dudes in Speedos you can spot down on Copacabana beach.
- Ascend Corcovado Mountain and visit Christ The Redeemer
- Enjoy plenty of free time to hit the beach, shops, cafes, bars and restaurants and get to grips to local life
- Perhaps visit the famous Copacabana and Ipanema beaches or take in Sugarloaf Mountain
What to Know
An experienced local leader in Argentina and Brazil, and there will be the services of local guides at some sites. All transportation, accommodation, sightseeing and meals as indicated.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers, departure and airport taxes, visas, all other meals, entrance to Sugarloaf, all optional tours or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 30 Jun 2013 - 11 Jul 2013 7 Request US $2,795 On Sale Sale: US $2,097 Book Now 28 Jul 2013 - 08 Aug 2013 7+ Available US $2,795 On Sale Sale: US $2,097 Book Now 01 Sep 2013 - 12 Sep 2013 4 Available US $2,795 On Sale Sale: US $2,097 Book Now 13 Oct 2013 - 24 Oct 2013 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 03 Nov 2013 - 14 Nov 2013 7+ Available US $2,795 On Sale Sale: US $2,097 Book Now 24 Nov 2013 - 05 Dec 2013 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 15 Dec 2013 - 26 Dec 2013 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 05 Jan 2014 - 16 Jan 2014 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 26 Jan 2014 - 06 Feb 2014 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 16 Feb 2014 - 27 Feb 2014 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 09 Mar 2014 - 20 Mar 2014 7+ Available US $2,460 Book Now 30 Mar 2014 - 10 Apr 2014 7+ Available US $2,460 Book Now 20 Apr 2014 - 01 May 2014 7+ Available US $2,460 Book Now 11 May 2014 - 22 May 2014 7+ Available US $2,460 Book Now 25 May 2014 - 05 Jun 2014 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 20 Jul 2014 - 31 Jul 2014 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 10 Aug 2014 - 21 Aug 2014 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 31 Aug 2014 - 11 Sep 2014 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 21 Sep 2014 - 02 Oct 2014 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 12 Oct 2014 - 23 Oct 2014 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 02 Nov 2014 - 13 Nov 2014 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 23 Nov 2014 - 04 Dec 2014 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 14 Dec 2014 - 25 Dec 2014 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 04 Jan 2015 - 15 Jan 2015 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now 25 Jan 2015 - 05 Feb 2015 7+ Available US $2,795 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.