La Paz Dispenser
La Paz is one of the highest cities in the world, which means it’s cool, so we’re gonna start in finish here. Check out the Salar-Uyuni Salt Flats in 4WDs, see loads of cool stuff in Potosi, and get your culture on in happening Sucre. Boom, Bolivia done.
La Paz is the highest capital city on Earth. Once you get over the altitude sickness you'll feel like 7 million Bolivianos (that's a million bucks to you).
Day 1-2 - La Paz
- Built in a massive canyon, La Paz is dominated by Mt Illimani. If you want to 'dominate' La Paz, it's as easy as getting out there and seeing and doing as much as you possibly can.
- Arrive La Paz, Pre-departure meeting is at 6pm.
- Go on an orientation walk with your tour leader.
- Enjoy free time to relax or explore the cobblestone streets, narrow alleyways and markets of La Paz.
- Day 2: Overnight bus to Uynui.
Day 3-5 - Uyuni - Uyuni Salt Desert
- 'Salt flats' might sound like a type of well-seasoned dancing shoe, but Uyuni's salt flats are in fact a 12,000 square kilometre expanse of nothing but - you guessed it - perfectly flat salt. This is where all those perspective-bending photographs are taken.
- Salar will be your base for exploring the great salt desert by 4WDs.
Day 6-7 - Potosi
- Head from Uyuni to Potosi.
- Potosi once contained the richest silver mine in the world. Imagine that. Visit the main square and cathedral, the Jesuit Tower and the main museum. Believe us when we say it's all much more exciting than it sounds.
- Visit the main square and cathedral, the Jesuit Tower and the main museum
Day 8-10 - Sucre
Head from Potosi to Sucre.
Sucre is a bit of a student hub, which is probably something to do with its massive university campus. Get involved at the many cafes, bars and galleries, and get a culture fix at the Franciscan Monastery and the chapel of the Virgin of Guadalupe.
- Drive to Sucre, a university city
- Stay in a colonial guesthouse
- Go on a guided tour of the old town - explore the Franciscan Monastery, main museum and the chapel of the Virgin of Guadalupe
- Spend a free day exploring the city, perhaps go to local marketso or the textile museum.
- Day 10: Overnight bus to La Paz.
Day 11 - La Paz
Arrive back to La Paz in the morning.
Transfer to hotel for the use of day rooms until 12 midday.
Please do not book any international flights before midday. Please speak with your travel agent, should you wish to book any additional nights accomodation.
What to Know
An experienced local leader in Bolivia and there will be the services of local guides at some sites. All transport, accommodation (Accommodation: 9 nights hotel, 2 nights overnight bus), sightseeing and meals as indicated.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers, departure and airport taxes, visas, all other meals, all optional tours or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 19 Dec 2014 - 29 Dec 2014 Available US $1,225 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.