Shake What your Mama Gave Ya
Rio. Carnaval. Strut your stuff along Copacabana beach, catch a football match, tour a favela project. Shake your tail feather in the Samba Parade, call in on Christ on Corcovado, cruise Guanabara Bay by sunset…and maybe party just a wee bit in between.
Her name is Rio and she dances in the sand, and so on and so forth. You know the deal here. It doesn't need explaining. Incredible city, the biggest, best and most colourful party in the world, lots of sights and beaches. If you don't have more than a few late nights, you're doing it wrong.
Day 1-2 - Rio de Janeiro
Welcome to Rio! It's hot, humid and not very hairy. Seriously. Get down the beach and have a ganders at all the bronzed, waxed bodies. Enjoy some free time to take in the sights, or go and get yourself a wax. Whatever works.
- Enjoy free time to relax
- Perhaps take in some sights
- Visit the beach for some serious ‘me’ (not us, you) time
- Optional welcome dinner in the evening
- Free morning to do as you please
- Optional visit to a community favela project
- Perhaps set off to take in a football match
Day 3 - Samba Parade
The samba parade will rock your world so far off its axis you'll be on a collision course with the sun. Not even kidding. That will happen. May the force be with you, padawan.
- Take a morning guided tour of Sugarloaf Mountain
- Spend a free afternoon getting mentally and physically prepared for the Sambadrome
- Head to sector 13 and revel in the madness of the samba parade
- Optional upgrade to sector 11 for those who wish to be even closer to the madness
- Party, party, party
Day 4-5 - Rio de Janeiro
Spend the morning recovering. If you don’t need to recover, you didn’t do it right. Do not pass go and do not collect $200, but do go and have another crack at the samba parade tonight. It’s the right thing to do. You get to visit Christ the Redeemer and perhaps go to a gay ball the next day, so that’ll take the edge off nicely.
- Recover from your first sambadrome experience
- Do it all again in the evening
- Perhaps take the opportunity to join the parade
- Recover in the morning
- Set off on a guided tour of Corcovado (Christ the Redeemer)
- Head out to the gay ball (optional)
Day 6-7 - Rio de Janeiro
Recover (again. We're too good to you), and perhaps take a tour of the city. Set off on an evening sunset cruise on Guanabara Bay. You'll miss this place when you're gone, which is a good thing. Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand, and so on and so forth.
- More free time in the morning to get yourself together
- Perhaps set off on a guided tour of the city
- Head out on an unforgettable sunset cruise on Guanabara bay
The trip ends today
What to Know
Sambadrome Ticket, Sunset Cruise on Guanabara Bay, Visit Pao de Azucar (Sugar Loaf Mountain), Visit to Corcovado
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Any optional tours or activities during free time
- Items of a personal nature
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 13 Feb 2015 - 19 Feb 2015 Available US $2,560 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.