In the words of Whitney Huston, “Havana Dance with Somebody”. Ok, she never said that. But find yourself a partner, grab a mojito and let Havana work its magic. You’ll be coming up with clever Cuban puns in no time.
(Was Complete Cuba)
Day 1-3 - Havana
Take time to sit back with a mojito and enjoy the quality people watching - old dudes smoking cigars, ladies dressed in their finest ballgowns and classic cars cruising the streets. It's like Hollywood without the cameras.
- Get acquainted with Havana
- Pre-departure meeting in the evening
- Spend the day exploring (La Habana Vieja) Old Havana
- Perhaps visit a local historic bar and grab a mojito in the evening
- Enjoy free time strolling around Havana and taking in the architecture, culture, museums, restaurants and bars
Day 4-6 - Santiago de Cuba
It's easy to get your music fix in Santiago. You might head to the Casa de la Trova, a heaving Cuban music-hall that never seems to close. Or you might be serenaded in the street by a woman who happens to be a former opera singer. It's just that kind of place.
- Leave Havana and fly to Santiago de Cuba
- Take a walking tour of this musical, revolutionary city
- Set off to explore the city on your own during free time
Day 7 - Camaguey
You'll see massive ceramic pots all over the city. They're called tinajones and were used to collect rainwater in the olden days. Obviously.
- Drive past cattle farms, citrus orchards and sugar plantations before arriving in Camaguey
- Get to know this surprising town, riddled with twisting streets and alleyways
Day 8-10 - Trinidad
Little alleys with their makeshift markets are the place to haggle for Cuban linen. And if you're a bit artsy fartsy there are heaps of galleries here - also open to negotiation when it comes to price.
Breakfast | Dinner
- Take a morning tour of the old town centre of Camaguey
- Drive across the interior to historic Trinidad - quintessential Cuba
- Set off on your own exploration of the town
- Perhaps climb the bell tower of the central Museo Nacional de la Lucha Contra Bandidos (a former convent) for great views over the old rooftops and surrounding hills.
- Why not visit some of the great local markets
- Get your beach beach fix - it's a short ride in a 'coco taxi'
- Please note that there is a shortage of reliable accommodation in Trinidad and many of the hotels experience constant water and electrical shortages. From time to time it is necessary for us to stay just out of town.
Day 11 - Santa Clara
See plenty of Che and his revolutionary slogans on murals around the city. Explore the Revolutionary Plaza and Che monument in your free time.
- Head inland to the historic city of Santa Clara
- Visit the Revolutionary Plaza and the Che Guevara Monument
Day 12-13 - Vinales
Sugar cane fields, tobacco farms and a pretty little village. You can't ask for more than that. Hike, visit the museum and tour the farms over a couple days here.
- Visit Vinales, situated in one of the most scenic parts of Cuba
- Perhaps take in the town's cultural centre and museum
- Why not set off on some of the hikes in the area
Day 14-15 - Cayo Levisa - Havana
Finish working on your tan before we head back to Havana. Figured out how to smoke a cigar without coughing yet? Now might be your last chance before heading home.
- Travel to the island of Cayo Levisa by boat
- Spend time on the white sandy beaches
- Opportunities to swim, snorkel, explore the island, or do absolutely nothing at all
- Return to a country lodge in Soroa on the mainland, located in the Sierra del Rosario mountains in the late afternoon
Breakfast | Lunch
- Travel back to Havana, where the trip comes to an end
What to Know
An experienced local guide in Cuba and there will be the services of local guides at some sites. All transport, accommodation, sightseeing and meals as indicated.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers, departure and airport taxes, visas, all other meals, all optional tours or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 07 Apr 2014 - 21 Apr 2014 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,330 On Sale Sale: US $997 Book Now 13 May 2014 - 27 May 2014 This trip has variations 6 Available US $1,290 Book Now 02 Jun 2014 - 16 Jun 2014 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,165 Book Now 15 Jul 2014 - 29 Jul 2014 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,330 Book Now 22 Jul 2014 - 05 Aug 2014 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,410 Book Now 12 Aug 2014 - 26 Aug 2014 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,290 Book Now 23 Sep 2014 - 07 Oct 2014 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,330 Book Now 14 Oct 2014 - 28 Oct 2014 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,290 Book Now 25 Nov 2014 - 09 Dec 2014 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,410 Book Now 23 Dec 2014 - 06 Jan 2015 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,410 Book Now 06 Jan 2015 - 20 Jan 2015 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,410 Book Now 17 Feb 2015 - 03 Mar 2015 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,410 Book Now 31 Mar 2015 - 14 Apr 2015 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,370 Book Now 07 Apr 2015 - 21 Apr 2015 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,330 Book Now 19 May 2015 - 02 Jun 2015 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,330 Book Now 16 Jun 2015 - 30 Jun 2015 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,290 Book Now 21 Jul 2015 - 04 Aug 2015 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,370 Book Now 11 Aug 2015 - 25 Aug 2015 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,290 Book Now 08 Sep 2015 - 22 Sep 2015 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,330 Book Now 20 Oct 2015 - 03 Nov 2015 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,330 Book Now 24 Nov 2015 - 08 Dec 2015 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,410 Book Now 22 Dec 2015 - 05 Jan 2016 This trip has variations 7+ Available US $1,410 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
At the end of each trip, we ask our travellers to provide feedback. We publish the positive, negative and neutral feedback on this page to give you an overall idea of what to expect on this trip.
niamh - Ireland, 5 Mar, 2012
Tatjana - Northcote, VIC, 24 Dec, 2011
I would like to make an addition comment on our trip leader. Abel was a pleasure to travel through Cuba with and at all times was respective, informative and helpful. No topic was off limits which allowed us to learn so much more about the country and the people of Cuba. He went out of his way to ensure our trip was what we expected it to be an more. He arranged for a trek up the Sierra Maiestra which was not part of the original itinerary which made the trip for us complete. He also assist us in dealing with some family issues back home on his day off given that communication was limited. A huge thank you!!!!