Quito My Heart
Named as one of Lonely Planet's Top 10 Countries 2013, Ecuador is apparently the place to be. Well aren't you a trendsetter?
Day 1 - Quito
In 1978, Quito was named UNESCO's first ever World Heritage site. As far as records go, it's definitely more exciting than "World's First Cat Hotel" or "World's First Necktie Vending Machine".
Pre-departure meeting is at 2pm today.
Day 2-3 - Amazon
Take a boat into the Amazon and experience local life on a family homestay. It will open your mind. There are also tonnes of animals of bugs to spot during some of the jungle's tangled insides.Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
Day 4-5 - Banos
- Banos is an Ecuadorian hotspot. Here, go whitewater rafting, horse-riding, head to one of the many bars or just chill out in the hot springs. Or do all of the above.
- Try one of many optional activities in your two days here - go horse riding, mountain biking, hiking or rafting
- Perhaps visit the hot springs at dawn, and watch the sunrise
- Go on a walking tour of the town, visiting the cathedral, local market, artisanal market, and the main street
- Enjoy peace and quiet on weekdays, and a carnival-like atmosphere on weekends
Day 6-8 - Quito
- Head to the Otavalo market and grab some handwoven fabrics, wooden carvings and Panama hats. Don't forget to haggle.
- Travel back to Quito for the night
- Take a day trip to the famous Otavalo market
- The trip ends on Day 8, there are no activities planned for this day
What to Know
- Quito city tour including One museum, Compania Church & Panecillo - Jungle excursions during your Amazon stay - Short hike to 'El Pailon del Diablo" (waterfall) - Entry to Cotopaxi National Park - Entry to Cuicocha Lake in Otavalo - Transport, accommodation and meals as listed below
- International flights, departure and airport taxes, visas, other meals, optional tours or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature.
This tour passes through volcanic areas. In the instance, a volcano becomes potentially dangerous and authorities declare nearby towns unsafe for travel, the itinerary will be re-routed. Where possible, Gecko’s will provide advance notice of such changes. At short notice, when this is not possible, your tour leader will provide up to date information on behalf of Gecko’s.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 14 Apr 2014 - 21 Apr 2014 7+ Available US $550 On Sale Sale: US $467 Book Now 04 May 2014 - 11 May 2014 7+ Available US $535 On Sale Sale: US $401 Book Now 01 Jun 2014 - 08 Jun 2014 7+ Available US $550 Book Now 29 Jun 2014 - 06 Jul 2014 7+ Available US $565 Book Now 27 Jul 2014 - 03 Aug 2014 7+ Available US $585 Book Now 07 Sep 2014 - 14 Sep 2014 7+ Available US $585 Book Now 05 Oct 2014 - 12 Oct 2014 7+ Available US $565 Book Now 02 Nov 2014 - 09 Nov 2014 7+ Available US $550 Book Now 14 Dec 2014 - 21 Dec 2014 7+ Available US $550 Book Now 11 Jan 2015 - 18 Jan 2015 7+ Available US $535 Book Now 08 Mar 2015 - 15 Mar 2015 7+ Available US $535 Book Now 05 Apr 2015 - 12 Apr 2015 7+ Available US $535 Book Now 03 May 2015 - 10 May 2015 7+ Available US $550 Book Now 31 May 2015 - 07 Jun 2015 7+ Available US $550 Book Now 28 Jun 2015 - 05 Jul 2015 7+ Available US $550 Book Now 26 Jul 2015 - 02 Aug 2015 7+ Available US $565 Book Now 23 Aug 2015 - 30 Aug 2015 7+ Available US $585 Book Now 20 Sep 2015 - 27 Sep 2015 7+ Available US $585 Book Now 18 Oct 2015 - 25 Oct 2015 7+ Available US $565 Book Now 15 Nov 2015 - 22 Nov 2015 7+ Available US $550 Book Now 13 Dec 2015 - 20 Dec 2015 7+ Available US $550 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
At the end of each trip, we ask our travellers to provide feedback. We publish the positive, negative and neutral feedback on this page to give you an overall idea of what to expect on this trip.
Quito My Heart
Emyo - Australia, 14 Apr, 2013
Wonderful trip. We sank deep into Amazonian mud and scaled dizzying heights of Cotopaxi volcano. A magical encounter with an orphaned baby woolly monkey at Yacuma Lodge.
Quito My Heart
Viktor/Anna - United States, 3 Jan, 2013
Very interesting, and with a lot of varieties trip. So much and so reach experience in only 7 days!