Lima to La Paz. What a guy. Pitter-patter about Lima’s historical centre, spot birds in the Ballestas Islands and swan about lovely Cuzco before taking on the Inca Trek. Machu Picchu, pleased to meet chu. Real life witches in La Paz.
Some popular poses to choose from at Sun Gate include: toasting the view with a beer, picking your girlfriend up Superman style, the Karate Kid crane move and the selfie.
Day 1-2 - Lima
Ceviche. It's raw fish marinated in lime juice. Say it like, "seh-vee-chay". Don't let mispronunciation get in the way of an awesome meal.
- Arrive in Lima, Pre-departure meeting is at 2pm.
- Spend some free time exploring Peru's capital
- Follow the Pan American highway to the seaside village of Paracas by local bus.
Day 3-4 - Paracas-Nazca
Some people think birds are boring. But there's 150 different species here and one of them is called a boobie (think seagulls with blue feet). So there's always a silver lining.
- Optional excursion to the Ballestas Islands
- Gain good views of wildlife and natural rock formations
- Travel by bus to Nazca later in the day
The flight over the Nazca lines is optional, but they're 1200 years old and possibly built by aliens, so probably worth seeing.
- Free day to explore the mysterious Nazca Lines
- Board a bus to Arequipa
Day 5-7 - Arequipa
- Most of the buildings are made out of volcanic rock from El Misti, which last erupted in '85. So while the rest of us were wearing acid wash jeans and dancing to our walkmans, these guys were busy building a city.
- Orientation walk with tour leader
- Colca Canyon tour Included
Day 8-10 - Cusco- Sacred Valley
- We love the Pisac Markets, where you can see heaps of cute and cuddly guinea pigs running around. Pick your favourite and they'll cook him up for you. Wash him down with an Inca Kola.
- Travel by bus from Arequipa to Cusco.
- Arrive Cusco, check-in to hotel. Free time. Trek briefing in the evening with tour leader
- Orientation walk with tour leader
- After breakfast, transfer to Sacred Valley
- Visit a local community and learn about their unique culture and way of life
Day 11-15 - Inca Trek
Get a decent photo of yourself with Machu Picchu in the background. You'll thank us later.
- Gaze upon massive Inca fortifications in Ollantaytambo
- Begin the Inca trek
- Hike past the ancient hilltop fort of Huillca Raccay and the archaeological site of Llactapata
- Stunning views of snow-capped Veronica Peak
- Camp near the village of Wayllabamba
- The most difficult part of the trek - Dead Woman’s Pass
- Panoramas of the Vilcanota and Vilcabama mountain ranges, and ruins in the valley below
- Camp with a view over the cloud forest
- Climb up to the ruins of Runkuracay
- Continue up the Inca staircase
- Spectacular views of Pumasillo and the entire Vilcabamba range
- Enter the beautiful cloud forest
- The final, and most spectacular, leg of the trek to Machu Picchu
- Arrive at Inti Punku, the Gateway of the Sun
- Experience a panoramic view of Machu Picchu at sunrise
- Explore Machu Picchu on a guided tour
- Return to Cusco by train & Bus.
Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
- Enjoy free time to relax, shop and explore more of Cuzco's sights. Rest weary legs at a cafe on Plaza de Armas.
Day 16-18 - Puno- Lake Titicacca
Catch a bus to Puno, on the shores of Lake Titicaca. Stay with the Uros people on their floating reed islands, which they built by hand. Yup. By hand.
- Catch a bus to Puno, on the shores of Lake Titicaca
- Spend the night in a hotel.
- Visit the Uros islands Of Lake Titicaca
- Spend the night with a local family.
- Indulge in a breakfast with your host family
- Take time to explore the island
- Board an afternoon boat back to Puno.
Day 19-21 - La Paz
- Travel from Puno to La Paz
- Spend an afternoon getting to know Bolivia's capital, La Paz
- During free time, choose to relax or explore to many local markets, alleyways, eateries and sights
- The trip ends today after breakfast
What to Know
An experienced Peruvian leader, and there will be the services of local guides at some sites. All transportation, accommodation, sightseeing and meals as indicated.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers, departure and airport taxes, visas, all other meals, all optional tours or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 27 Sep 2014 - 17 Oct 2014 2 places left US $2,305 Book Now 11 Oct 2014 - 31 Oct 2014 Fully Booked US $2,305 Contact us 18 Oct 2014 - 07 Nov 2014 Available US $2,020 Book Now 08 Nov 2014 - 28 Nov 2014 Fully Booked US $2,305 Contact us 22 Nov 2014 - 12 Dec 2014 Fully Booked US $2,240 Contact us 06 Dec 2014 - 26 Dec 2014 4 places left US $2,020 Book Now 20 Dec 2014 - 09 Jan 2015 Fully Booked US $2,305 Contact us 03 Jan 2015 - 23 Jan 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 17 Jan 2015 - 06 Feb 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 31 Jan 2015 - 20 Feb 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 28 Feb 2015 - 20 Mar 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 14 Mar 2015 - 03 Apr 2015 3 places left US $2,240 Book Now 28 Mar 2015 - 17 Apr 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 11 Apr 2015 - 01 May 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 18 Apr 2015 - 08 May 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 25 Apr 2015 - 15 May 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 09 May 2015 - 29 May 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 16 May 2015 - 05 Jun 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 23 May 2015 - 12 Jun 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 06 Jun 2015 - 26 Jun 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 13 Jun 2015 - 03 Jul 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 20 Jun 2015 - 10 Jul 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 04 Jul 2015 - 24 Jul 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 18 Jul 2015 - 07 Aug 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 01 Aug 2015 - 21 Aug 2015 Available US $2,305 Book Now 15 Aug 2015 - 04 Sep 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 29 Aug 2015 - 18 Sep 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 12 Sep 2015 - 02 Oct 2015 Available US $2,375 Book Now 19 Sep 2015 - 09 Oct 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 26 Sep 2015 - 16 Oct 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 10 Oct 2015 - 30 Oct 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 24 Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 31 Oct 2015 - 20 Nov 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 07 Nov 2015 - 27 Nov 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 21 Nov 2015 - 11 Dec 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 05 Dec 2015 - 25 Dec 2015 Available US $2,240 Book Now 19 Dec 2015 - 08 Jan 2016 Available US $2,240 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
At the end of each trip, we ask our travellers to provide feedback. We publish the positive, negative and neutral feedback on this page to give you an overall idea of what to expect on this trip.
Nathan - Australia, 12 June, 2014
It was my first time doing a planned group tour, and i was quite impressed. There is no way i would be able to experience the things i experienced if it wasnt for this tour.
Jonathan - United States, 12 May, 2013
The trip was excellent. I felt like I had enough time in the cities and wasn't rushed. Great time and great group of people.
- Page 1 of 4
What to know
A good level of fitness and pre-trip training is essential. You will trek on hilly terrain or mountainous terrain at altitudes of up to 4200 metres, for up to 7 hours per day.