The Hindu Review
Have an Eat, Pray, Love moment in Ubud. Then a waterfall moment in Lovina. A mountain moment in Kintamani. And a Bintang moment in Sanur.
Away from the tourists, Bali's a mighty fine place to explore. Its spiritual side will leave you feeling lifted, like the Lighthouse Family song. Not sure how we just managed to reference an unfashionable 90s pop group into a trip intro, but we did.
Day 1-2 - Ubud
Get to Ubud whenever you like because today’s the official start of your trip. Meet up with your local tour guide and fellow travellers tonight.
- Arrive in Ubud - the cultural centre of Balinese life
- Attend a Welcome Meeting at 6pm
- Explore the temples, take a ride around the paddy fields and the famous art and craft market in the centre of town
- We do not recommend visiting the Monkey Forest in Ubud due to safety reasons
Day 3-4 - Lovina
On our way to the north coast we'll check out the temples of Taman Ayun and cool off under the Gitgit Waterfalls.
- Visit Gitgit Waterfalls and perhaps take a swim
- Drive over the highlands that divide the north coast from the south
Day 5 - Kintamani
Leave the coast and hit the slopes of Mount Batur where we stay the night near Kintamani.
- Get up early for a dolphin cruise. It's optional, but you won't want to miss this
- Leave the coast and ascend the scenic slopes of Mount (Gunung) Batur
- Stop at several viewpoints to take in views of the crater and its lake
- Stay overnight in the Kintamani area - a highland town at an altitude of 1500 metres
Day 6-7 - Sanur
Time for shopping, eating and a few Bintangs before the trip finishes.
- Transfer to Sanur
- Enjoy the afternoon shopping or relaxing
- Perhaps take an optional last night out with the group
- The trip ends today in the morning
What to Know
An experienced local tour guide, all transportation, accommodation and meals as indicated.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers, departure and airport taxes, visas, all other meals, all optional tours or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 11 May 2014 - 17 May 2014 7 Available US $470 Book Now 06 Jul 2014 - 12 Jul 2014 7 Available US $500 Book Now 31 Aug 2014 - 06 Sep 2014 7+ Available US $500 Book Now 28 Sep 2014 - 04 Oct 2014 7+ Available US $485 Book Now 23 Nov 2014 - 29 Nov 2014 7+ Available US $470 Book Now 15 Feb 2015 - 21 Feb 2015 7+ Available US $470 Book Now 15 Mar 2015 - 21 Mar 2015 7+ Available US $470 Book Now 10 May 2015 - 16 May 2015 7+ Available US $470 Book Now 05 Jul 2015 - 11 Jul 2015 7+ Available US $500 Book Now 30 Aug 2015 - 05 Sep 2015 7+ Available US $485 Book Now 27 Sep 2015 - 03 Oct 2015 7+ Available US $485 Book Now 22 Nov 2015 - 28 Nov 2015 7+ Available US $470 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.