Livin La Vida Lombok
Start and finish in Sanur, and head to Senaru for waterfalls, Senggigi for volcanoes and forests and the Gili Islands for snorkeling in between. Ace.
The red star on Bintang Beer is almost like the logo for Indonesia. If you end the trip without tasting this refreshing drop then you just haven't lived. Just on't buy the one with the blue label, it's non-alcoholic. Or maybe you're into that kind of thing.
Day 1 - Sanur
Time for shopping, eating and a few Bintangs Arrive in Sanur
Attend a Welcome Meeting at 6pm
Perhaps enjoy some shopping or relaxing if you arrive early
Day 2 - Senaru
Fast boat to Lombok, then a short drive to Senaru. There’s a great contrast what we've just seen. The scenery is really wild and the people are predominantly Muslim rather than Hindu.
- Cross by ferry to Lombok and drive to Senaru
- Free time
- Time permitting, perhaps undertake optional village walks and visit the nearby waterfalls and rice terraces
- Perhaps set off on an optional trek up Mount (Gunung) Rinjani
Day 3-4 - Senggigi
The trek up Mount Rinjani volcano is optional, but you’d be crazy to miss out. You need to be pretty fit, but we’ll take you up to the rim and you can spend the night camping under the stars.
- Perhaps embark on an early start for a trek up the slopes of Rinjani
- Spend a full day walking and arrive at the rim of this volcanic mountain, and spend the night camping under canvas or under the stars
- Hike through mountain forest that echoes to the call of monkeys, and emerge on the moonscape slopes of the volcanic cone
- Reach the rim at sunrise and enjoy the views from above the clouds and looking down into the crater
- Take in the panoramas of Rinjani’s peak, Segara Anak (the crater lake) and the new volcano
Day 5-7 - Gili Islands
As a reward for your big day of trekking we’ll take you cruising around the Gili Islands. Swim, sunbake, walk or partake in some of the world’s best snorkelling and diving.
- Travel to the Gili Islands - home to the best snorkelling in Lombok
- Spend three days relaxing and exploring on these tranquil islands
Day 8 - Sanur
Zip back to south Bali on a fast boat, rather than the slow ferry. This means more time to do a bit of last minute shopping or eat your body weight in prawns.
- Transfer back to South Bali via fast boat
- Continue back to Sanur
- Enjoy the afternoon shopping or relaxing
- Perhaps take an optional last night out with the group
Day 9 - Sanur
Your trip ends after breakfastBreakfast
What to Know
An experienced local tour guide, all transportation, accommodation and meals as indicated.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers, departure and airport taxes, visas, some meals, all optional tours or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 17 May 2014 - 25 May 2014 8 Request US $765 On Sale Sale: US $650 Book Now 12 Jul 2014 - 20 Jul 2014 7+ Available US $790 On Sale Sale: US $711 Book Now 06 Sep 2014 - 14 Sep 2014 7+ Available US $765 Book Now 04 Oct 2014 - 12 Oct 2014 7+ Available US $745 Book Now 29 Nov 2014 - 07 Dec 2014 7+ Available US $745 Book Now 21 Feb 2015 - 01 Mar 2015 7+ Available US $745 Book Now 21 Mar 2015 - 29 Mar 2015 7+ Available US $745 Book Now 16 May 2015 - 24 May 2015 7+ Available US $765 Book Now 11 Jul 2015 - 19 Jul 2015 7+ Available US $790 Book Now 05 Sep 2015 - 13 Sep 2015 7+ Available US $790 Book Now 03 Oct 2015 - 11 Oct 2015 7+ Available US $745 Book Now 28 Nov 2015 - 06 Dec 2015 7+ Available US $745 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.