Hey, Hey Malay
If this trip was a dish it would taste like Singapore’s chilli crab. Hot enough to keep you on your toes with a whopping great serve of beachy vibe on the side.
Day 1 - Singapore
Loosen your belt buckle and head to our pick for Singapore’s best dumpling, Paradise Dynasty on Level 4 of Ion Orchard. If you find better, let us know. We'll take any excuse to head back to Singapore.
Arrive in Singapore
Attend a pre-tour briefing at 6pm
Head out to explore this modern city Visit Chinatown, Boat Quay, as well as the Merlion statue - the half-fish, half-lion icon that became the symbol of Singapore
Day 2 - Malacca
Over the years, Malacca has been ruled by a sultan, the Portuguese, the Dutch, the British and the Japanese. We’re not sure who was responsible for introducing the colourful trishaws with their lights, decorations and musical horns - but we salute you.
- Head north to 15th-Century port town of Malacca (Melaka)
- Stay in the heart of the old town, in an old Baba home
- Take a walking tour through the ancient streets
- Visit a variety of temples such as Cheng Hoon Teng Temple, Kampung Kling Mosque and Sri Poyatha Venayagar Moorthi Temple
- Stop by the Baba Nonya Museum, which showcases the history of the Straits Chinese immigrants
- Perhaps hire a rickshaw and explore the intriguing Chinese side streets in free time
Day 3-4 - Kuala Lumpur
We’re staying in the heart of Chinatown so follow your nose to the best dumplings, laksa and chilli pan mee in town.
- Take a two-hour bus journey to Kuala Lumpur (which means ‘Muddy Confluence’)
- Enjoy time to experience the diversity of old and new Malaysia
- Stroll through the renowned markets and perhaps grab something to eat from a hawker stall
- Perhaps take a ride up the elevators of the 421 metre tall Menara Kuala Lumpur (KL Tower)
Day 5 - Cameron Highlands
Time for a quick round of Name That Roadkill on a bus through the highlands. Once you’ve arrived, you can take a trek, explore a green tea plantation or just tuck into some scones at Ye Olde Smokehouse.
- Continue to the Cameron Highlands
- Travel through a wide variety of scenery from the flat lowlands up through mountainous terrain
- Arrive at the scenic hill town of Tanah Rata
- Choose from many optional activities such as a trekking, visiting the green tea plantations that have made this region famous or just relaxing in ‘Ye Olde Smokehouse’
Day 6-7 - Penang
Today’s challenge – see if you can find the hawker stall on Kimberley St where Lean Joo Sean has been selling char koay teow (stir-fried rice noodles) since 1954. You can’t miss his white chef’s hat and queues of hungry punters.
- Head into Malaysia and towards Penang
- Arrive in Georgetown, the largest town on the island, in the evening
- Enjoy a walking tour of Georgetown, following the Heritage Trail
- Visit Fort Cornwallis and the Penang Museum, a small eclectic collection showcasing the various cultures
- Enjoy free time to discover the colourful markets, old temples and historic Chinese clan houses of Georgetown
- Perhaps catch the bus to Batu Ferringhi Beach
- Be sure to hunt down a street stall in Little India and buy cheap snacks such as samosas or pakoras
- Take an optional evening rickshaw ride to Gurney Drive and dine at one of the many hawker food stalls – local specialities include char kway teow, Penang prawn mee (noodles) and laksa
Day 8-9 - Ao Nang
Time to get active. Take a day visiting the amazing islands in the south of Thailand or if you’ve slipped into extreme holiday mode, we’ll also accept “turning the pages of a book”.
- Spend two days in Ao Nang appreciating the peace and tranquillity
- Kick back, relax and swim in the warm waters of this hidden tropical paradise
- Spend a full day exploring some of Thailand's famous local islands
Day 10-12 - Khao Sok National Park - Raft House
The floating rafthouses on Cheo Lan Lake are literally on the water. So when we say “lake views” we’re not mucking around. Also, that’s not an alarm clock; it’s just a friendly gibbon reminding you to wake up for our jungle walk.
Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
- Travel on board a longtail boat through Cheo Lan lake through the limestone cliffs and lush jungle
- Enjoy a night where you are literally floating on the lake, if you need to cool off just in the lake from your raft
- Your wake up call will just be the friendly gibbon, unfortunately no snooze button.
- It’s an overnight train ride from Surat Thani to Bangkok, so dig out that deck of cards you threw into your backpack at the last minute. Just paid for itself.
Day 13 - Bangkok
The tour ends on arrival in Bangkok.
What to Know
All tours are led by an experienced local tour guide, all transportation, accommodation, sightseeing and meals as indicated.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers, departure and airport taxes, visas, all other meals, all optional tours or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 23 Dec 2013 - 05 Jan 2014 This trip has variations 7 Request US $1,650 Book Now 06 Jan 2014 - 19 Jan 2014 This trip has variations 4 Available US $1,835 On Sale Sale: US $1,579 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 20 Jan 2014 - 02 Feb 2014 This trip has variations 7 Available US $1,650 On Sale Sale: US $1,419 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 20 Apr 2014 - 02 May 2014 7+ Available US $1,230 On Sale Sale: US $1,058 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 06 Jul 2014 - 18 Jul 2014 7+ Available US $1,230 On Sale Sale: US $1,058 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 07 Sep 2014 - 19 Sep 2014 7+ Available US $1,270 On Sale Sale: US $1,093 Promo code: 1493 Book Now 05 Oct 2014 - 17 Oct 2014 7+ Available US $1,270 Book Now 26 Oct 2014 - 07 Nov 2014 7+ Available US $1,270 Book Now 16 Nov 2014 - 28 Nov 2014 7+ Available US $1,310 Book Now 07 Dec 2014 - 19 Dec 2014 7+ Available US $1,310 Book Now 21 Dec 2014 - 02 Jan 2015 7+ Available US $1,345 Book Now 04 Jan 2015 - 16 Jan 2015 7+ Available US $1,345 Book Now 01 Feb 2015 - 13 Feb 2015 7+ Available US $1,310 Book Now 22 Feb 2015 - 06 Mar 2015 7+ Available US $1,270 Book Now 05 Apr 2015 - 17 Apr 2015 7+ Available US $1,230 Book Now 03 May 2015 - 15 May 2015 7+ Available US $1,230 Book Now 21 Jun 2015 - 03 Jul 2015 7+ Available US $1,230 Book Now 02 Aug 2015 - 14 Aug 2015 7+ Available US $1,270 Book Now 06 Sep 2015 - 18 Sep 2015 7+ Available US $1,270 Book Now 11 Oct 2015 - 23 Oct 2015 7+ Available US $1,270 Book Now 08 Nov 2015 - 20 Nov 2015 7+ Available US $1,270 Book Now 06 Dec 2015 - 18 Dec 2015 7+ Available US $1,310 Book Now 20 Dec 2015 - 01 Jan 2016 7+ Available US $1,345 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
At the end of each trip, we ask our travellers to provide feedback. We publish the positive, negative and neutral feedback on this page to give you an overall idea of what to expect on this trip.
Hey, Hey Malay
Ashley - Australia, 3 Sep, 2012
The trip was fantastic to the jungles of Thailand to the urban jungle of Singapore
Hey, Hey Malay
Elizabeth - United Kingdom, 25 Jun, 2012
This trip is very interesting and wide ranging in sightseeing and local culture. I feel it would be a good addition to include a city tour bus trip around Singapore as a final treat option for your clients. Very pleased with my choice.
- Page 1 of 6