Life's a Beach (and then you Kayak)
A bit of Bangkok with a lot of beaches. It’s cheap, it’s cheerful and it’s a great intro to Thailand.
(Was Thailand Jungle to Beaches)
Day 1-2 - Bangkok
Tick off Bangkok’s main attractions (including Emerald Buddha and Reclining Buddha). Then draw straws for the top bunk on the overnight sleeper train to Surat Thani (there’s not a lot of head room up there).
- Arrive in Bangkok and spend time getting to know this city
- Explore some of Bangkok's most famous sights, including the Grand Palace and the adjoining Temple of the Emerald Buddha
- Visit Wat Po – the temple of the famous Reclining Buddha
- Jump on board a local river boat
- Spend a free afternoon making your own discoveries
- Perhaps go shopping in the many excellent shops and markets for which Bangkok is renowned
- Catch the overnight train to Surat Thani, in the south of Thailand
Day 3-4 - Khao Sok National Park - Raft House
Ever seen a floating football field? Welcome to Koh Panyi, the tiny village built entirely on stilts. It's a maze of houses, paths and elevated walkways and there’s always some sort of construction or repair work going on (wet wood won’t last forever you know).
- Travel on board a longtail boat through Chiaw Lan lake through the limestone cliffs and lush jungle
Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
- Enjoy two nights where you are literally floating on the lake, if you need to cool off just jump off your balcony , or enjoy some kayaking.
- Your wake up call will just be the friendly gibbon, unfortunately no snooze button. You'll also get the chance to spot monkey's, dusky langurs (gorgeous little things) and hornbills.
- Walk through the jungle to a coral cave and learn the legends behind the lake and mountains from the locals.
Day 5-7 - Ao Nang
How’s the serenity? Finish your book, top up your tan and perfect your David Hasselhoff beach run because it’s nearly time to head home.
- Kick back, relax and swim in the warm waters of a hidden tropical wonderland
- Optional activities here include cave exploring, sea kayaking, diving, exploring the islands and rock climbing
What to Know
All tours are led by an experienced local tour guide, plus the services of local site guides at certain sites. All transportation, accommodation, sightseeing and meals as indicated.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers, departure and airport taxes, visas, all other meals, all optional tours or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 27 May 2013 - 02 Jun 2013 7+ Request US $695 On Sale Sale: US $522 Book Now 24 Jun 2013 - 30 Jun 2013 7+ Available US $615 On Sale Sale: US $462 Book Now 22 Jul 2013 - 28 Jul 2013 6 Available US $615 Book Now 19 Aug 2013 - 25 Aug 2013 7+ Available US $615 Book Now 16 Sep 2013 - 22 Sep 2013 7+ Available US $615 Book Now 14 Oct 2013 - 20 Oct 2013 7+ Available POA* Book Now 11 Nov 2013 - 17 Nov 2013 7+ Available POA* Book Now 09 Dec 2013 - 15 Dec 2013 7+ Available POA* Book Now 23 Dec 2013 - 29 Dec 2013 7+ Available POA* Book Now 06 Jan 2014 - 12 Jan 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 20 Jan 2014 - 26 Jan 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 03 Feb 2014 - 09 Feb 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 17 Feb 2014 - 23 Feb 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 03 Mar 2014 - 09 Mar 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 17 Mar 2014 - 23 Mar 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 31 Mar 2014 - 06 Apr 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 14 Apr 2014 - 20 Apr 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 28 Apr 2014 - 04 May 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 12 May 2014 - 18 May 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 26 May 2014 - 01 Jun 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 09 Jun 2014 - 15 Jun 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 23 Jun 2014 - 29 Jun 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now 07 Jul 2014 - 13 Jul 2014 7+ Available POA* Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
There’s no feedback available on this trip yet. If you’ve been on this trip and would like to contribute a review, rating or simply make a comment then please get in touch.