Sun, Sand & Sticky Rice (2014)
Love beaches? Love islands? Love cocktails? Love this trip. Head from buzzing Bangkok to blissful Koh Samui, snorkel, swim and hang at waterfalls. Jump in a canoe and visit jungly Khao Sok National Park, camp under the stars at an Ao Nang beach camp and finish up in Phuket.
Embrace your inner beach bum and come home with sand in all the wrong places. Bring SPF 30, a sense of adventure and an appetite for the delicious and strange.
In 2015 this trip will be 9 days long and will finish in Ao Nang, Krabi. The 2015 itinerary will be available online on the 1st of October 2014.
Day 1-2 - Bangkok
Bangkok is a huge, buzzing, crazy city. Make the most of it because from tomorrow the only thing underfoot will be sand. An overnight train is the only thing between you and paradise.
- Arrive in Bangkok and spend time getting to know this city. There will be a pre departure meeting at approx. 6pm tonight!
- Explore some of Bangkok's most famous sights, including the Grand Palace and the adjoining Temple of the Emerald Buddha
- Visit Wat Po – the temple of the famous Reclining Buddha
- Jump on board a local khlong boat
- Spend a free afternoon making your own discoveries
- Perhaps go shopping in the many excellent shops and markets for which Bangkok is renowned
- Catch the overnight train to Surat Thani, in the south of Thailand
Day 3-4 - Koh Samui
Take a dip in the waterfalls at Na Muang, swim, sunbake or snorkel – the choice is yours.
- Embark on a two-hour ferry trip to the beautiful island of Koh Samui
- Take a trip around the island in a songthaew, visiting the 15-metre tall Big Buddha
- Enjoy a dip in the cool tropical waterfalls of Na Muang and drop in to see the Mummified Monk
- Spend free time on Koh Samui swimming, lazing in the sun or snorkelling
- Perhaps take an optional day tour to the Ang Thong National Marine Park
Day 5 - Khao Sok National Park
See this amazing tangle of limestone karsts and jungle via canoe and say hi to the monkeys. Fall asleep in a jungle guesthouse.
- Take the ferry back to the mainland and then continue to Khao Sok National Park by local songthaew
- Head down to the river for a canoeing trip in the country's finest and largest rainforest
- Perhaps spot monkeys playing by the waters edge during the experience
- Optional walks along the many interesting trails and beside the many waterways that exist within the park
Day 6-8 - Bamboo Island Beach Camp - Ao Nang
Camp under the stars at Bamboo Island Beach Camp – it’s the best kind of cliche. Try all sorts of fun activities - there's lots to choose from!
- Depart by public bus from Khao Sok to Ao Nang
- Arrive at the beautiful beach area of Ao Nang
- Morning, take the long tail boat to Bamboo Island for beach camping
- Spend time swimming in the warm waters of a hidden tropical paradise
- Enjoy beach overnight camping
- Relaxing on the beach soaking up island life, after breakfast return to Ao Nang
Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
- Perhaps visit a rubber plantation and school, take a Thai cooking class or watch some Thai kick-boxing
Day 9-10 - Phuket
Get your final Thai food fix. Your last challenge? Find the tackiest souvenir for only 60 Thai Baht (that’s about two bucks).
- Stroll along the streets of Phuket, indulge in shopping opportunities or wander through a local market
- Perhaps consider extending your stay to really make the most of your time in Phuket
- You can leave at any time on the final day of your tour.
What to Know
• Gecko’s expert English-speaking local tour guide throughout the tour.
• Stay in secluded Ao Nang with two days in comfortable, fan-cooled bungalows.
• Longtail boat ride to Bamboo Island near Koh Phi Phi, with overnight beach camping.
• Stay in a jungle guesthouse and canoeing trip in Khao Sok National Park.
• Sightseeing (including entrance fees where relevant): Bangkok city tour including the Grand Palace and Wat Pho, and Koh Samui island tour.
• Time to relax in Koh Samui, Krabi area and Phuket.
• Overnight sleeper train from Bangkok to Surat Thani.
- International flights, arrival and departure transfers, departure and airport taxes, visas, all other meals, all optional tours or activities during free time, transfers outside of the tour program, travel insurance, tips and items of a personal nature.
Trip Dates and Prices
Start Date – End Date Trip Status Price 27 Oct 2014 - 05 Nov 2014 Available US $870 Book Now 10 Nov 2014 - 19 Nov 2014 Available US $870 Book Now 24 Nov 2014 - 03 Dec 2014 Available US $870 Book Now 08 Dec 2014 - 17 Dec 2014 Available US $870 Book Now 29 Dec 2014 - 07 Jan 2015 Fully Booked US $870 Contact us 11 Jan 2015 - 19 Jan 2015 Available US $895 Book Now 25 Jan 2015 - 02 Feb 2015 Available US $895 Book Now 22 Feb 2015 - 02 Mar 2015 Available US $870 Book Now 15 Mar 2015 - 23 Mar 2015 Available US $870 Book Now 05 Apr 2015 - 13 Apr 2015 Available US $870 Book Now 10 May 2015 - 18 May 2015 Available US $870 Book Now 14 Jun 2015 - 22 Jun 2015 Available US $870 Book Now 12 Jul 2015 - 20 Jul 2015 Available US $870 Book Now 11 Oct 2015 - 19 Oct 2015 Available US $870 Book Now 08 Nov 2015 - 16 Nov 2015 Available US $870 Book Now 06 Dec 2015 - 14 Dec 2015 Available US $870 Book Now 20 Dec 2015 - 28 Dec 2015 Available US $870 Book Now
Past Travellers' Ratings & Comments
At the end of each trip, we ask our travellers to provide feedback. We publish the positive, negative and neutral feedback on this page to give you an overall idea of what to expect on this trip.
Sun, Sand & Sticky Rice (2014)
Jessica - United Kingdom, 14 Jan, 2014
This was the best trip I have ever been on and I travel a lot. Love the place, the tour guide was excellent, great accomodation, great food. We saw a lot and Thailand will stay with me for ever. Nothing was too much trouble for the tour leader Chawalit Patan (SAR), he was extreemly helpful, enthusiastic and participated in group games and made us all feel welcome. He was accomodating and helped me as I have food allergies. He is a credit to Gecko Tours.
Sun, Sand & Sticky Rice (2014)
EMMA JANE - Australia, 14 Jan, 2014
Great tour great price awesome tour guide. Wish it went for longer
- Page 1 of 19